Streusel Bundt CakeMay 10, 2017
Who doesn’t enjoy a nice slice of homemade pie? This is a family favorite recipe that the Tuckernuck Inn B&B is happy to share with you.
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 pie crusts (top & bottom)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Sprinkle blueberries with lemon juice in a bowl and set aside.
- Fit one piece of pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate and crimp edges.
- Combine 1 cup sugar, flour, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl, then add to berries, stirring well.
- Pour into bottom pie crust and dot with butter.
- Place 2nd pie crust over filling. Seal and crimp edges.
- Cut slits in top of crust to allow steam to escape.
- Brush top of pie crust with beaten egg, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar BAKE at 400° for 35 – 50 minutes or until golden.
- Cover edges with aluminum foil to prevent overbrowning, if necessary.