Tuckernuck Blueberry PieMay 10, 2017
2 NIGHT MUFFIN & SCONE TOUR PACKAGES (4/20/18 – 4/22/18)May 22, 2017
Another New England favorite is a delicious Streusel Bundt Cake! Enjoy it with a decadent icing drizzled on top, or as we like to serve it at the Tuckernuck Inn B&B, a light dusting of confectioner’s sugar!
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups of sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, or pecans or optional – experiment to see what you like!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda together and set aside. In a separate small bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, and nuts. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture & sour cream alternating beginning & ending with flour and beat until well combined.
- Pour half of batter into Bundt pan. Sprinkle half of the sugar, cinnamon, nut mixture on top of batter in pan. Add remaining batter, and sprinkle with the last of the sugar, cinnamon, nut mixture.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
Top With Either:
Icing or Powdered Confectioner’s Sugar
Icing Recipe: 1 Cup Confectioner’s Sugar; 2 Tbls Milk; 1 Tsp Vanilla